I vividly remember a conversation I had with one of my long time friends when I was 27 years old.
Me -“Imagine J, it seems like we were in school in just a few years back, and now we are 27”
J – “True. Somehow 27 does not seem so old, but 30….man that will really mean death!!”
Well, much water has flown since that conversation….30 has come and gone and it has not yet been a disaster. Yet, the other day when I spent sometime in café Coffee Day with some colleagues from a former employer, I could not but feel old looking at the milieu around me.
So here’s a truly depressing game you may want to play…..list 5 things that you have noticed of late that tells you that you are growing old….do not mention your age, it is for the reader to guess, within a range of 5 years (eg: 15-20, 21-25, 26-30 years etc).
No matter which age range you are in, the truth is, you are growing older….can you guess my age from the list below:-
My top five:
1. You go to café Coffee Day and feel out of place
2. You no longer like loud music and would rather go to a bar than a pub
3. New entrants to the Indian cricket team are way older than you, benefit matches are being held for the cricketers you used to idolise earlier.
4. You cannot name any of the Grammy winners in the last five years but remember the lyrics of a couple of hits from your school days.
5. You read the business page in the newspapers before you read the sports page.
Incidentally, I do not know how to tag, if I did , I would have done it with this post (maybe I should add it to my list)!!